Monday 12 August 2013

Percy Jackson - A little bit of Greek!

So, "Percy Jackson - Sea of Monsters" came out in the cinema recently (depending on where you live...!) and I thought I'd give it a mention for all you movie lovers out there, purely because of the Greek heritage. (Yes, I am that easily swayed; anything Greek and I'm all over it!)


For those of you who don't know, the Percy Jackson series are about Demigods who are the children of the Greek Gods. So if you like Greek mythology, seeing the Greek key symbol all over everything, laughing at the 3eni pronouncing Greek words and hearing people buying things in Drachmas (ah, the good old days...) then check out the movie!

Anyone else seen any good movies with some Greek heritage recently or know of any coming out? Let us all know!

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog earlier tonight via Google when I did a search for a "typical Greek house." I enjoyed your writing and decided to read more. I wanted to give a quick comment on your question about Greek heritage in movies. I honestly haven't seen anything (yet) that I could say was authentic as Greece goes, except for one movie from my childhood. It was the 1982 movie "The Tempest." http://goo.gl/jkfauW The plot is convoluted, the acting from a stellar cast is good, but the scene stealer in every other shot is the wonderful Greek landscape. Greece herself always takes centerstage even in the background and manages to grab my attention. The soundtrack is unusual, but it matches the movie for the mood and quirkiness. I still watch it from time to time and find myself wanting to leave everything behind and live in a similar place as the cast finds themselves. I hope you have a chance to see it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...